Mitra and Associates is a pioneer private sector survey-research firm of Bangladesh. Established in 1983, it has gradually grown to be a most sustainable and dependable organization in the country for quantitative and qualitative research, evaluation, and surveys. Mitra and Associates has the demonstrated research, planning and managerial skills, in addition to professional commitment and integrity, to implement research assignments involving complex designs, collection, and analysis of data on wide ranges of variables/indicators and highly voluminous workloads. Mitra and Associates has also the professional ability to carry out new/innovative studies. A good number of the assignments Mitra has completed were first of their kinds in the country and employed innovative approaches/methodologies.
Fields of survey research
Mitra and Associates has started its career with undertaking predominantly population, demographic and family planning research assignments. Over time, it has expanded its research areas and now undertakes assignments (baseline surveys, follow-up surveys, operation research, monitoring and evaluation studies) in many areas of the social sector. The areas broadly include:
- Health and Epidemiology;
- Population, Demography and Family Planning;
- Market and Audit;
- Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, and Rural Infrastructure;
- Water, Sanitation, and Arsenic;
- Women and Children’s Development;
- Food Security;
- Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice (KAP);
- Human rights, democracy, and governance;
- Formal and informal legal system and community peace and security issues; and
- Evaluation of development programs and projects.