Research Officer [For Qualitative Research]
- Mitra and Associates invites applications from the eligible candidates [Female and Male] for the position of ‘Research Officer [For Qualitative Research].
- Research officers supervise research projects and work with team members to ensure that the project remains on schedule.
- They help determine the goals of the research project as well as research methods and other test parameters.
- Research officers might also review and analyze data during the course of the project.
- Preferable candidates should have Master’s Degree, English proficiency and excellent computer skills.
- Professionals in this position, supervise research projects from the early planning stages to project completion.
- They communicate with team members and verify that all projects and tasks are on schedule.
- Some officers also help gather data but this varies by project need.
- Most research officers report project progress to senior authorities and other committees.
- While projects are in the planning stages, research officers and managers work with team members to identify project goals, research methods, variables, and other test parameters. They also choose how to collect data and offer recommendations on evaluating the project. Research officers and managers often make research schedules to monitor the activities of research teams.
- During the research project, officers and managers usually review gathered research and analyze various sets of data. They might also interpret data and start writing reports. Many research officers and managers also verify that information on databases remains secure, as well as ensure that all team members complete their tasks and work cooperatively with the team.
- Data collection and analysis
- Statistical computer software programs
- Qualitative data research
- Quantitative data sets
- Project management
- Performing related field work as required.
- Generate reports/field reports.
- Literature review as needed.
- Conduct researches
- Qualitative data researches are mainly focused but having sound knowledge and experience on ‘Quantitative data collection and analysis tool will be a preference.].
- Detail Knowledge and Experience on field level Data Collection.
- Experience on conducting ‘In-depth Interview, Key Informant Interview, Focus Group Discussion, Mystery Client Calls and Mystery Client Observation, Observations, Note taking, etc., in any context.’
- Transcription [Verbatim, Just as it is according to the Audio Recording].
- Translation work [Bengali to English & English to Bengali].
- Review transcripts in track change if needed and reply to the essential feedbacks.
- Knowledge on managing ‘A Good Team’ and Play a nice team-leaders role as needed.
- Share problems as needed and obey the seniors as per the chain of command thing.
- Maintain logistics properly and return back to the client.
- Masters in Anthropology, Sociology or Social Science.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age at most 35 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply.
- Minimum five years professional experience in the similar position in any INGO/NGO/Research Firm, or any related reputed organization.
- The candidate should have excellent language skills on Bengali and English [If anyone is from English medium background will be given preferences]
- Knowledge and maintain of computer, internet.
- The position requires excellent proficiency in computer operations, particularly, in MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Access and Power Point in both English and Bengali.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and Communication skill.
- TA/DA will be added during field visit as per organization policy.
Read Before Apply
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Please see the bdjobs.com_Research/Consultancy
Application Deadline: January 10, 2020